Introduction to the Market by Jeff Lye Chief Executive Officer of Prestige Atlantic Asia
1. Can you tell us a little more about your Company and why you choose to be specialized software company for the corrugated carton industry?
It was 1993 in Malaysia when a leading corrugated carton company was looking for an ERP solution. They met many big and established IT firms and realized that an industry generic ERP cannot meet most of their requirements.
As a result, they looked for a custom-made ERP solution. However, these big and established IT firms quoted them the price that way beyond their budget.
At that time, we were freelance programmers and saw the potential and set the challenge to secure the tender. We then committed to make this a specialized software for the corrugated carton industry. Later, we founded Prestige Atlantic Asia to make this a reality.
2. So Prestige Atlantic Asia is already in business for 23 years. Tell us more about your Company achievements?
We have developed 5 core software products specializing in the entire paper ecosystem. They are: ERP for corrugated carton, waste paper collection, paper mills, mini box business and paper retail.
We received the MSC Malaysia Status which it is recognition by the Government of Malaysia for contributing to the country’s economy. It is also a mark of world-class achievement and a passport to conduct businesses worldwide.
We are also a certified HPE OEM partner. It is a trusted partnership program where HPE, with 6 decades of experience, helps Prestige Atlantic Asia to be more competitive by reducing R+D, Testing, Support and Operations costs, while speeding our time-to-market with a complete portfolio of world-class solutions and support.
3. How is the adoption level in ASEAN for the corrugated carton industry?
Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand: adoption is considered medium-to-high
Indonesia and Vietnam are fast catching-up from low-to-medium
Philippines, Cambodia, Myanmar and Laos are considered none-to-low
4. What is the name of your ERP for the corrugated carton industry?
CPS stands for Corrugated Packaging System
Enterprise manifest the entire business eco system
5. What are problems generally faced by the ASEAN corrugated carton industry and how does your software help them?
The common problems are:
Island of information
Existing in-house system cannot cater for growth
Still using manual work
Cannot meet customer deadline
CPS/Enterprise solutions help by:
Integrating and streamlining the process
Automating ID and Mobile computing for real-time and accurate data capture
Machine integration to reduce human interacting
Driving cost down
6. What do you foresee is the most important area of Information Technology development for ASEAN corrugated carton industry in next few years?
Many are going to invest into cutting edge machinery and we believe a highly specialized ERP solution is needed to put this together to meet demand needs. They also need to stay profitable and stay sustainable. As such, Prestige Atlantic Asia is committed to run future research and development in the areas of:
Internet of Things
7. Do you have any special message you would like to send to the Industry before they come and see you at CCE SEA Thailand 2016?
This show is designed for ASEAN and we are ASEAN Company.
We look forward to meet customers and share with them our solution and help them run a better organized business.